Maui and Kahului Cosmetic Dentistry
If you are considering the idea of cosmetic dentistry, you’re in the right place. Finding the right Maui dentist is your first step. At Smile Hawaii, Dr. Lance Ogata and the team are committed to making your smile look its best.
You may be dealing with dental imperfections such as cracks, chips, or discoloration. Whatever the condition may be, there’s always a procedure that can correct it. Which one is best for you? Make an appointment with a dentist in Maui and you will soon find out. Let’s take a look now at an in-depth look at cosmetic dentistry and what is offered so you have a better-looking smile.
What are the common cosmetic dentistry services offered in Maui and Kahului?
If you are looking for a dentist near Maui that can be able to provide cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Lance Ogata’s office may be the best place. Here’s what we offer for services and what they are a great fit for:
- Teeth Whitening: This is designed to remove stains and discoloration, restoring your teeth to many shades of white. This can take anywhere from a half-hour to a one-hour session. You’ll be amazed by the results with every session.
- Porcelain Veneers: These consist of custom-made, wafer-thin shells bonded to the front of your teeth. If you are dealing with imperfections such as chipping or discoloration, porcelain veneers might be a good option if you are looking for a quick way to improve the aesthetics of your teeth.
- Orthodontics: If you are dealing with a smile that is misaligned, orthodontic procedures are needed. Dr. Ogata offers Invisalign for those with minor orthodontic needs. We will take 3-D impressions of your teeth and create clear retainers that you wear for a period of time to straighten your teeth. For other orthodontic procedures, we will likely refer you to an orthodontist in the Maui and Kahului area.
- Dental Implants: If you are dealing with missing teeth, implants that give off the look of natural teeth. These can be available in individual or bridge implants depending on how many teeth you are missing. Dental implants will function like regular teeth. It will be as if you have a new set.
- Dental Bonding: If you are dealing with cracked or chipped teeth, dental bonding might be a good option. Using tooth-colored resin, it’s applied and shaped to restore your tooth’s appearance. It can be a good option if the tooth can be saved as opposed to being extracted due to too much damage.
What are the pros and cons of cosmetic dentistry?
If you are considering cosmetic dentistry, it’s important to consider the pros and cons. Let’s take a look at a list of what they are:
- Enhanced self-confidence: One of the most advantageous things for cosmetic dentistry is having enhanced self-confidence. You’ll feel much better about yourself. You won’t want to stop showing off that beautiful smile.
- Improved oral health: Many cosmetic dental treatments can also contribute to improving oral health. Furthermore, you’ll have an easier time cleaning your teeth, especially if you go through an orthodontic procedure to straighten out your smile.
- Long-lasting results: If you are looking for something that will last many years, cosmetic dentistry might be a great option. For example, veneers can last anywhere from 8 to 15 years depending on the type of material used. Dental implants can last at least 20 years or more. With proper care, they can last longer.
- Personalized treatment: A dentist in Maui will be able to prioritize your individual care based on your dental needs. They will examine your teeth and assess your current condition. From there, you’ll have a wide variety of options to choose from.
- Cost: Of course, cosmetic dental procedures can be costly. Again, it depends on the service you are receiving through a dentist. Other factors include the complexity and extent of the treatment.
- Time commitment: Some cosmetic dentistry procedures can require multiple visits to Smile Hawaii. Which means that you will commit to a certain amount of time. If you have any questions on how long a cosmetic dentistry procedure may take, be sure to ask your dentist.
- Potential Discomfort: There may be potential discomfort depending on the procedure. But with the latest technology being used by most dentists, the occurrence of discomfort is very little to none at all. However, pain management options are available upon request if such procedures may cause pain.
What if I have dental issues or gum disease?
If you are planning on getting cosmetic dentistry, a consultation check-up will be necessary. This will be to see if you are dealing with any dental issues such as tooth decay. They’ll also check for gum disease. Any issues related to periodontics or your teeth will need to be addressed before cosmetic dentistry is even considered. The timing may vary depending on how severe the issue may be or if any procedures need to be done. Cosmetic dentistry will not provide you with effective results if you are dealing with any kind of pre-existing dental issues.
That is why it is important to perform regular oral hygiene on a regular basis. This includes brushing twice a day (and flossing once daily). Even after your dental issues have been corrected, you still need to follow this schedule daily. Aside from regular dental hygiene, you will need to visit your dentist twice a year. You can revisit the idea of cosmetic dentistry in the future if you feel inclined to do so.
Interested in Cosmetic Dentistry? Come see us!
The office of Dr. Lance Ogata DBA Smile Hawaii is proud to offer cosmetic dentistry services for our patients in Maui and Kahului. If you believe you are a candidate, schedule an appointment with us. We’ll check to see if everything is good to go before we provide you with the options that are a good fit for you.
To set up an appointment you can call us at 808-707-7445. Or you can book an appointment on our website.