Advantages of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is the process of making the teeth whiter or restoring the natural color. It enhances the whiteness and brightness of the smile. Teeth whitening becomes necessary when the teeth become colored over time for various reasons such as food and drink, age, trauma, medication, etc. It has been found out to be the most requested dental procedure because everyone wants to have a beautiful smile.
There are various methods of achieving whiter teeth such as the use of whitening toothpaste, whitening strips, and gels, whitening rinses, tray-based teeth whiteners, etc. Over-the-counter teeth whitening kits are available too, but it is highly recommended that you should always make use of such under the guidance of a dentist or professional who will come up with the best option for you. At the office of Dr. Lance Ogata, we make use of the most effective methods to get the best and safest results. The dentist will be able to manage any issues that come up from the treatment. Professional teeth whitening can be done in a dentist's office in about an hour.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
1. It boosts your self-confidence - Stained or colored teeth make one less confident in public. People with bad teeth are often not able to express themselves properly in public. A person with whiter teeth will more likely smile and feel good. You will not feel self-conscious because you know your teeth look great. This goes a long way in boosting your self-confidence.
2. It enhances your appearance - Colored or stained teeth dull the appearance and create the impression that one's level of personal hygiene is poor. The teeth are part of the face and are one of the first things that are noticed when people look at you. Whiter teeth give a good and bright smile and make you look and feel great.
3. It results in better mental health - Colored or stained teeth make one feel self-conscious and inadequate. This can result in strain, stress, or anxiety and these, in turn, can lead to mental issues. Oral health has a great impact on a person's quality of life. Research has also shown that people with healthy gums tend to have better mental capacity.
4. It minimizes the impact of wrinkles - Whiter teeth provide a solution to the impact of wrinkles and scars on the face. Your big white smile will be the focus of people and less attention will be paid to wrinkles or scars. Whiter teeth go a long way in giving the face a more youthful and attractive appearance.
5. It makes the mouth healthier - Stains on the teeth can lead to gum disorder and other teeth issues such as cavities. This results in a reduction in overall oral health. The teeth whitening process will help with the removal of stains and make the teeth and gums stronger and healthier. Teeth whitening takes care of the overall health of the mouth.
6. It leads to better performance at work - Because whitening your teeth can make you look more confident; this will be noticeable to others and portray you to be a professional who is dependable and trustworthy. This gives you an edge over a person who lacks self-confidence because of his appearance. You have the boost to do better at interviews, business meetings, and work in general.
7. It enhances prospects and success - A great smile will positively affect the opportunities that come your way. This is connected to the fact that people's perception of you is determined by your appearance. A bright, white smile will make people perceive you as being successful, so they want to associate with you and have you represent them or their brands.
8. It is affordable - Unlike most life-changing procedures which are usually very expensive, teeth whitening does not cost a lot. It is what the average person can afford. The effects and results of teeth whitening are worth a lot more than the amount of money that you have to pay.
9. It is fast and reliable - Professional teeth whitening procedure does not require much time or waiting at all. Even though the use of over-the-counter products takes time as you sometimes have to wait for weeks to see the effect, the outcome is not guaranteed. You can get your teeth whitened by a professional in just an hour and the result is much more reliable.
10. It is safe and comfortable - Having a professional handle the teeth whitening procedure is safer because you have an experienced expert who knows what is to be done at each stage and monitors the procedure to check if any adjustments need to be carried out along the way. Having a professional handle the treatment makes you more comfortable because precautions such as covering your gums and other parts of the mouth are taken. In addition, you are told what to do after the procedure to care for your teeth.
11. It allows for customized treatment - Professional teeth whitening procedures allow for personalized treatment. You are treated according to your specific needs. You are given your own desired degree of whiteness. The concentration and amount of the whitening agent can also be adjusted to meet your peculiar nature or makeup.
12. It creates a good first impression - A first impression is what a person thinks when they first encounter or meet another person. It is the immediate evaluation another person makes after meeting you for the first time. First impressions matter a lot because oftentimes, it determines whether you get a chance at all. Teeth whitening can give you a very great and important improvement to the first impression you make to people you come across. Flashing a bright smile displays happiness, confidence, and a positive feeling.
Even if we maintain good oral hygiene or practice, yellowing of the teeth is inevitable as we grow older. There are a great lot of benefits to be derived from teeth whitening. These include physical health, mental health, economic status, improved relationships, and an overall improvement in one's quality of life. Visit us at Dr. Lance Ogata’s office today to get the best results and ensure your safety during your teeth whitening procedure. Schedule your appointment today!